Mobility Sensing was founded by experts in intelligent transport systems (ITS) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) pioneers.
Our combined expertise and skills allow us to develop the next generation of transport sensing solutions. Since its inception, Mobility Sensing has made great strides in advancing the key technologies to fundamentally change the way transport networks and traffic can be monitored.
Mobility Sensing was founded at the end of 2016 by Traxpert, experts in intelligent transport systems (ITS), and SODAQ, pioneers in IoT technology. In 2017 we expanded our software development team and set up our own field service department.
BridgeSense was our launching product in 2017. In just one year, BridgeSense was deployed on more than 10% of all moveable bridges of The Netherlands. Effectively quadrupling the number of bridge openings reported to traffic information services and navigation solutions.
In 2018 we started development of StreetSense, the first product designed on our IoT sensing philosophy. We are currently in the scale-up phase, expanding internationally.
Allowing autonomous sensing devices that run for years on a single battery charge, or that harvest power from ambient energy sources
- Low-power electronics – including passive sensing triggering data processing.
- Edge computing – allowing on-site sensor data interpretation, minimising exchanged data volumes.
- Smart datacom – limiting data communication to the bare minimum using conditional data communication.
Installation and operation solutions
Allowing economic installation and operation
- Clip-on/stick-on mounting and installation – for quick but rock-solid installation and swapping of devices.
- Sturdy casings – tested under the most extreme environmental conditions.
- Standardised data platform – single platform for the ingestion, validation and dissemination of live sensor data of all types of devices.
Allowing our customers to focus on the application of data
- Dedicated field service team – takes care of installation and maintenance of your sensor networks.
- Asset management system – to register installs and returns, track the operational states of all devices and manage device stocks.
What Makes Us Tick
We are transportation and high-tech enthusiasts. Our mission is to use our expertise and experience to build sensing solutions that make economic sense. We only invest in solutions that bring tangible economic benefits to our customers, that can be scaled internationally, and of which we are confident we can operate them successfully in both functional and economic terms.