Waterway Monitoring in the IoT Age
The Internet-of-Things (IoT) is making a mark in traffic and transport monitoring. Mobility Sensing is leading the way by developing, deploying and operating new generation IoT sensor networks. Our sensor networks are based on compact, autonomous, low-power IoT sensor pods, that are easy to install and budget friendly to operate. This allows us to deploy and operate high resolution sensor networks, producing live, rich data on the state and usage of your complete waterway network.
One Device, Multiple Applications
BoatSense provides you with a complete picture of all vessel traffic on your waterway. Every passing vessel is reported immediately with:
- Vessel length
- Vessel speed
- Sailing direction
Use the BoatSense data to:
- Reliably count passing vessels
- Optimise moveable bridge and lock operations
The live and historic data is conveniently presented in a secure web dashboard in lists, charts and maps. You can filter and export all the data for further analysis. Live data can be ingested into other information systems using the BoatSense API.
- BoatSense is designed to take every waterway online at minimum costs.
- Its rugged casing is equipped with two high-end LIDAR sensors that continuously sample passing vessels.
- Depending on the configuration used, a BoatSense device can be mains or solar powered.
- The casing design allows for fast installation and quick swaps of the device.
Have a Go!
We provide BoatSense as a service in The Netherlands. For a small fixed monthly fee we take care of the installation and maintenance. You only need to put the data to use!
Leave us a message on the contact page and we will get back to you right away.
BoatSense devices have been operational for years on rivers and canals throughout The Netherlands. The devices have been operational year-round, under the most extreme summer and winter conditions, without failures. The output of BoatSense has been extensively benchmarked against camera footage, proving detection rates of 95% to 100% per day.